Just got a shiny Netflix account to test the HD and UHD videos.
To make sure that all of your Netflix movies and TV shows play seamlessly, below are internet speed requirements and recommendations for you to get the best quality video.
Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.
- 0.5 Megabits per second – Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second – Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for HD quality
- 25 Megabits per second – Recommended for Ultra HD quality
HD Video Quality
Movies and TV shows that are available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough Internet connection. To watch Netflix in HD, ensure you have an HD plan, then set your video quality setting to High in the Playback Settings for your account.
Netflix Bandwidth Usage
Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you can Manage Bandwidth Usage by changing the video quality settings to Low or Medium to consume less data.
Note: If you choose a quality that is faster than your current internet connection speed, you will have quality issues.
We hope this information will be helpful in identifying potential issues while streaming Netflix.